(L to R: Teddy Hayduk, Dr. Stacey Hall, Alana Penza, Dr. Lou Marciani, Lauren Cranford, Alison Crumpton, Dr. Steve Miller)
Located at The University of Southern Mississippi, NCS4 supports the advancement of sport safety and security through training, professional development, academic programs and research. To stay abreast of current and future industry needs, NCS4 has advisory boards, committees and subject matter experts to provide strategic guidance, assistance, and advice on critical sport safety and security issues and trends.
- As the leading academic institution in the United States in sport safety and security, NCS4 works with the professional leagues, open access events, intercollegiate and interscholastic athletics, along with professional associations, private sector firms, and government agencies studying current and emerging safety and security issues.
- Established in 2006 from a grant funded by the Mississippi Office of Homeland Security.
- Awarded 9.4 million dollars of competitive grants from the Department of Homeland Security to study risk assessment, incident management, stadium evacuations, and emergency management.
- Trained over 4,000 security professionals across the nation for intercollegiate athletics and professional sports.
- Trained over 1,000 university and college incident command teams across the nation.
- Conduct an annual National Sport Safety and Security Conference and Exhibition, summits, symposiums and webinars to provide educational and networking opportunities.
- Offer professional development certification for sport venue personnel that provides curriculum and Everifile background checks
- Provide individuals with key safety and security resources through a comprehensive national membership directory.
- Conduct worldwide research analysis of sports incidents involving spectators through the NCS4 Institute for the Study of Sport Incidents.
- Provide a living laboratory and learning environment where security solutions can be evaluated, demonstrated and showcased through the NCS4 National Sports Security Laboratory.
- Supports a Master of Science degree and graduate certificate program as well as provide internships and other educational opportunities for students studying sport safety and security.
- Recognize industry leaders and venues who achieve outstanding best practices.