|How It Works|
What is CSVS?
The Certified Sport Venue Staff (CSVS) certification is the nation’s first comprehensive sport and special event security credential for front line venue and event staff. This simple, efficient, and affordable package for qualifying your workforce provides:
- Comprehensive commercial background screening
- Role-specific training
- Monthly monitoring for criminal activity using the FBI’s National Criminal Information Center (NCIC) database
- On-demand reporting to verify applicant certification
The CSVS curriculum is designed to enhance safety and security efforts for sports and entertainment venues by increasing security awareness and improving capabilities for planning, emergency response, and evacuations. The CSVS certification provides standardized, role-specific training for frontline event staff in an flexible online format. The training curriculum is intended to provide a baseline understanding of safety and security functions for your organization to build upon.
In addition to training, background checks with continuous criminal monitoring and easy-to-use online audit tools help mitigate liability resulting from potential negligent hiring practices.
Why enroll in the CSVS certification program?
Because it's a simple, cost effective way to provide baseline safety and security training and to background screen your event staff. The CSVS is an investment in your organization and its workforce. It can:
- Enhance the fan experience
- Mitigate liability
- Increase confidence in the quality of your staff, contractors, and 3rd-party vendors
- Convey to your staff that they serve an important role in event operations
- Lower staffing costs because all applicants are trained to be part of the safety and security team
- Increase staff efficiency and effectiveness in providing quality guest services